Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle « Hot Air

Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle « Hot Air: "That’s why it makes me rather sad to see him veering off into matters of politics and public policy. I was already well aware of his liberal leanings when venturing into subjects not involving a telescope. I’ve listened to several podcasts that he’s done with Chris Hardwick (you can listen to one example here) and while he’s always an enjoyable member of any panel, during an in-depth interview which ranges into casual areas, his liberal philosophies show up fairly quickly. (Anybody looking for more of this material on Tyson should really consider going through the three Nerdist podcasts he did, because there’s plenty of material there.)

I try to be one of those people who can segregate the ideology of actors, musicians, and even scientists from their primary work. If I refused to watch any movies starring people with hefty liberal biases I’d probably never walk into a theater again unless Clint Eastwood does another movie. The same goes for music. If they’re not beating me over the head with it, I try to sit back, relax and enjoy the show. And in the future, the odds are that I’ll do the same with Tyson. At least as long as he sticks to outer space."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment